Major versions include all changes that break file format compatibility or network compatibility. Minor versions include all fixes and features that do not require any data or network breaking changes.
The next major version is developed on the develop branch. The current major version is the core4 branch.
Each major version has a separate set of testing shards running. The nightly branch tracks behind the develop branch for the development testing server.
A major version will be frozen and released approximately every 3 months, if breaking changes were made, starting with version 4.0 in June 2021. Version 5.0 will be released around September 2021. Along with each major version, a minor version for the previous major versions will be released too. In case there are no breaking changes, only a minor version will be tagged. Fixes may be applied to the last three major versions at most.
- Multiple shards can now run on a single server.
- Fixed shared memory conflict of Mirror Service.
- Fixed filename conflict of client IOS string cache. (*)
- Ryzom Ring is functional again, several bugs fixed on client and server side. (*)
- Support HTTPS for the login webserver.
- User interface windows snap while being dragged.
- Right click to copy from ingame chat.
- Significant client performance improvements.
- Many bugfixes in asset build tools.
- Fixed several glitches in the D3D backend.
- Usage of ucstring is deprecated in favour of UTF-8 strings everywhere. (*)
- Streaming NeL Packages for on-the-fly downloading of client assets.
- Hierarchical sound volume controllers are now enabled. (*)
- Multiple font files can be used for one style, and specified per language.
- Many bugs fixed in the server code.
- Fixed a bug in WS that caused occasional shard crashes.
- Fixed missing log contexts for game items in EGS.
- Fixed 64-bit support in AIS script.
- Quick Start package for Windows now available.
(*) Not fully merged into the core4-atys branch.