Major versions include all changes that break file format compatibility or network compatibility. Minor versions include all fixes and features that do not require any data or network breaking changes.
The next major version is developed on its respective branch. The current major version is on the core4 branch.
Each major version has a separate set of testing shards running. The nightly branch tracks behind the current branch for the development testing server.
A major version will be frozen and released approximately every few years, if breaking changes were made, starting with version 4.0 in May 2022. Version 5.0 may be released in a year or two. Every few months for the latest major version, a minor version will be released if necessary. Along with each major version, a minor version for the previous major versions will be released too. In case there are no breaking changes, only a minor version will be tagged. Fixes may be applied to the last three major versions at most.
- (Not yet under development)
- Fixed MAD texture operand usage in OpenGL with AMD drivers, fixes black textures on characters.
- Add a pre-pass with feature flag conditionals to the UI XML parsing.
- Build scripts target C++14 and C++17 on compilers where complete support is available.
- CMutex, CFairMutex and CUnfairMutex all default to std::mutex starting with C++14 build targets.
- Fixed various bugs involving recursively entered mutexes, this behaviour was never supported.
- Added CAtomicFlag, CAtomicBool, CAtomicInt, and CAtomicEnum, to replace legacy usage of volatile.
- Random component of CLoginCookie is now actually random, this fixes a major security issue.
- Support for IPv6 in backend as well as client to server connection.
- Unified network will only establish one connection to each service on whichever address works first.
- Client UDP connection will attempt all FES IP addresses when the hostname resolves to more than one.
- Optional support for QUIC for the client to server connection using MsQuic.
- Multiple shards can now run on a single server. (**)
- Fixed shared memory conflict of Mirror Service. (**)
- Fixed filename conflict of client IOS string cache. (*) (**)
- Ryzom Ring is functional again, several bugs fixed on client and server side. (*) (**)
- Support HTTPS for the login webserver.
- User interface windows snap while being dragged.
- Automatic user interface scaling.
- Right click to copy from ingame chat.
- Significant client performance improvements.
- Many bugfixes in asset build tools.
- Fixed several glitches in the D3D backend.
- Usage of ucstring is deprecated in favour of UTF-8 strings everywhere. (*) (**)
- Streaming NeL Packages for on-the-fly downloading of client assets.
- Hierarchical sound volume controllers are now enabled. (*) (**)
- Aligned CGameItem variables to cut server item inventory memory in half. (*) (**)
- Multiple font files can be used for one style, and specified per language.
- Many bugs fixed in the server code.
- Fixed a bug in WS that caused occasional shard crashes.
- Fixed missing log contexts for game items in EGS. (**)
- Fixed 64-bit support in AIS script.
- Quick Start package for Windows now available. (**)
(*) Not fully merged into the core4-atys branch.
(**) Not fully merged into the develop-atys branch.
- New 3ds Max Plugin: Tree Painter.
- New 3ds Max Plugin: Advanced Patch Editing.
- Linux Support: Expanded OpenGL support on Linux.
- Mac OSX Support: Added non-native OSX Support. (Requires X Windows)
- Added 64-bit platform support. (Experimental)
- Added Qt-based Tools: Words Dictionary, Message Box, Tile Editor, NeLNS Launcher.
- Added XAudio2 Sound Driver.
- Completed OpenAL Sound Driver.
- Default build environment changed to CMake.
- Tons of bug fixes.